Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 24—Back to Panama City


Panama City, Panama
Honestly, I thought this day would be full of interesting and funny stories of trying to find our way through the city, but I guess the third time is a charm.  Let me tell you, coming across the correct bridge into the city helps, and then just being able to recognize landmarks really helps.  It was a very successful trip to the apartment. 

Sean and I high-fived when we spotted Einstein’s head because we knew exactly where we were. 

We didn’t arrive in the city until almost 4 pm because we had taken our time packing up the villa and doing laundry (and of course we stopped at the mall for lunch again—No I did NOT eat at TACO BELL!)

Really, I swear. 

 I ate a chicken sandwich at Burger King.


Emma still on her Big Mac kick!


After such a late lunch, and a weirdly exhausting day (It was like a mini-travel day), we planted ourselves in front of the TV and just chilled out.  Finally the afternoon rain shower stopped, and Sean and Emma changed into their bathing suits, and headed to the pool. 

Oh my gosh! I had alone time at long last! Yippee! 

I took some pictures...and then settled in to do some serious reading. 


Here are some pictures of the view from the laundry room.  

I was ensconced on the couch, reading my book, thoroughly enjoying the quiet, when Sean and Emma came tromping back into the apartment.

“Why are you back so soon?” I asked.

“You are not going to believe this!” Sean said while shaking his head.  “The pool has been drained.”

“YOU ARE KIDDING ME!”

“Nope.”

And he wasn’t kidding.  It was just too ridiculous, and we actually had to laugh.  Seriously?

I don’t think taking a cold shower because there is no gas to heat the water works as a substitute for a pool.

What are the friggin’ odds?  

This is the entry point of the new gas line. I followed it out of the apartment, and it  ends in the stairwell. It  is not attached to anything. 

Which is a good thing, because here is where it ends in the apartment. 

No gas, es no problema! Simply warm your water on the electric cooktop.


No comments:

Post a Comment